Wednesday, July 18, 2012
While we're waiting
A couple of weekends ago we had just came back home from eating and decided to watch a movie, We had a friend over and while of course my first vote for the movie to watch was Sweet Home Alabama my vote was vetoed and we all agreed upon the movie Fire Proof.
If you haven't watched this movie then you need to. It’s a great story and is actually based on a book that helps strengthen relationships (The book is titled the Love Dare). Scott and I have seen this movie several times and we both enjoy it.
Since we have already seen it, I decided that I would make some brownies while the movie played, and of course the guys were talking about the fire station and trucks along with the other fire related things that the movie showed. Ya know totally not my thing. I love that Scott is so passionate about helping people and putting out fires and all but it just scares me to think about and although I am his biggest cheerleader, I personally have NO interest in fire, I mean hello Fire = HOT+Scary, which is defiantly not an equation I want to be a part of.
As I'm in the kitchen checking on the yummy treats in the oven a song starts to play on the movie, I don’t remember ever hearing the song before but something about the words just went straight to my heart. There was a line that said "I'm waiting on your Lord, though it's not easy, no but faithfully I will wait" I turned around and looked at Scott and said: "Did you hear that, he said faithfully I will wait, and the name of our blog is faithfully waiting, that’s crazy we gatta find that song!"
The song goes on to say: "I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting I will serve you. While I'm waiting I will worship. While I'm waiting I will not faint, I'll be running the race, even while I wait, I will serve you while I'm waiting, I will worship while I'm waiting on you Lord"
The lyrics to the song have come to my mind several times over the last couple of weeks. While I would love to just stay curled up in my pj's and wait for our child, doing that is not a possibility and its not realistic. Also that is not God's intentions for our lives. We will never be given anything that we cannot handle and we can’t just set around when we are in a battle, we must stand up and fight for the things that the Lord has put into our hearts as desires.
While I may get upset and don’t understand why this is the battle Scott and I must face, It is the hand that we have been dealt and we refuse to let it bring us down. I use to say "there is a reason for everything", as I have grown up and have became an adult I don’t agree with that as much as I use to but I do believe it is true in this situation, because I believe the Lord wants us to use our story to help others and to be an inspiration (although I don’t know what kind of job I'm doing at that) to others. He has a plan and although we can’t see it now and don’t understand it we will continue to run this race with our heads held high and following the Lord.
I encourage you to go find the song on youtube it's titled “While I'm waiting” and is sung by John Waller, I love it, and hope that it will give you all some encouragement as you wait for whatever it is that the Lord is working on in your life!-A
Stay tuned there will probably be another post up soon that discusses some things I (A) have been feeling lately and also some things that have been said to me recently. Also I have an idea for a Q&A post with both Scott and I so if you have any questions please comment and we will try to answer them all in that post! :) I (A) enjoy blogging and hope to get better and learn more about it but let me know if there is something in particular you'd like for us to share about, We decided to blog as a way to document our journey with infertility but we would love to talk about things that are of interest to those of you who take the time to read our post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment