Most of you who view this will already know who we are but in case you don't we'd like to share a little bit about ourselves. The basics: We are Scott and Autumn( most post will come from me) We have been happily married for almost 3 years now and have been together since January 2008(that's when we say we started dating, it took Scott a long 4 months of talking to me on the phone, through emails and of course through myspace messages to finally decide to ask me out, then it took him another month of going on dates to decided to ask me to be his girlfirend)Guess he had to be sure I wasn't crazy?
As for me I knew that I would marry Scott the first time I talked to him, I'm a firm believer that the Lord plans our spouses for us and I believe this is why I knew Scott was the "ONE" from the very beginning...We live an average life, nothing to extravagant here, we are blessed to have the life we do and cant wait to share some of it with you! Our intentions of this blog are pretty simple we want to share our happiness and our struggles with you all in hopes that we bring glory to God and blessings to those who read what what we have to say.
Many of you already know that Scott and I have infertility issues(hence the name of the blog, because we are faithfully waiting for God's promises to come), and just let me tell you I have grown to HATE the "I" word with a passion, its such an ugly word and the moment you read or hear it come from someones mouth it brings so much pain with it, it took us a very long time to finally share with people what we are going through and now that we have made the decision to not let the "I" word define us, our hope is that our story will be a blessing to at least one persons life.
We decided shortly after being married that children was something we would leave up to God, We stopped using any kind of birth control with the thinking that "if it happens then great and if it doesn't then it's not the right time" Since we're being honest here I will admit that I was so excited we had made such a BIG decision after all I've dreamed of being a mommy since as far back as I can remember, I always had to be the "mom" when my sister and I would play as children and my baby dolls, well they wore real baby diapers and clothes and even had a real baby stroller, yes being a mom was something I always wanted to do.
As we approached our first anniversary I have to admit that I was heart broken that we had not gotten pregnant yet and of course by that time I had started searching the internet for ways to improve our chances, we had also talked with some close family and friends about what was going on, by our second anniversary we had tried every old wise tale and all the advice from friends and family and still we were childless, we begin to get worried...As we know from Scripture (Philippians 4:6-7 as an example) tells us not to worry about anything but still we worried, and waited and waited and worried. I remember thinking no one ever said it would be this hard! And yet it was hard and is still hard to deal with.
As of now we have seen a regular Ob/gyn and have done 2 cycles of Clomid, Our levels for the most part our normal and we know that I have the ability to produce eggs, and Scott has the ability to produce sperm (haha if only it were that simple). We are now saving so that we can schedule an appointment with a different Ob/gyn for a second opinion since we believe we weren't given a fair shake with the first because of not having insurance.
Before I close for the day I must share one piece of advice that I wish I would have done sooner, If you think there is a problem go see a doctor as soon as you can don't put yourself through months or even years of the unknown, for me calling and making the first appointment was the hardest part, I felt like when I made that appointment I was admitting that there was something wrong with me, although after making the appointment there was a little sigh of relief because it then felt like we were moving in the right direction, we were doing something about our issue, WE WILL OVERCOME our obstacles and for right now we will still be faithfully waiting.
You are going to be the best mommy, EVER! Faith, hope and love my friend!
ReplyDelete