Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Half a year

     Yesterday I saw a reminder (on facebook I'm sure) that there is only 5 months until Christmas which means we are already halfway through this year! Umm hello can someone tell me where the first half went? I don't know what the newsflash shocked me, it's easy to get into routines and then time just slips away from you and before you know it the day is done and then the week, then the month and now half a year!

     I know for us we have had a lot go on so far this year, My sister stayed with us from December till February, We got a new car and then got it taken away (go us for learning a lesson about if you don't pay for it "they" will come get it, we also learned if you cant pay for it don't buy it, we tend to learn things the hard way I guess you could say). We had our very first doctors appointment in April for our infertility issues only to be told in May at our last appointment (thus far) that "there's nothing more we can do for you", We got a cat (his name is Ty and he is super sweet). I started selling thirty-one, We just scheduled our first appointment with a different doctor for a second opinion (appointment is July 26th). I'm sure there is more major events that happened but I just cant think of them right now.

     With all that has went on in our busy lives, I find myself sitting here wondering "have I made a difference in someone's life so far this year?" "have I done something that touched someone's heart?" "Have I even done one small act of kindness that would show the Lord's love through me?" See I get a little crazy wanting to make sure I'm a good person.

     I think it's easier for Scott He runs into burning buildings or quickly gets in his car and races to a wreck where he will possibly save a life or someones home or property. All of those acts are noble and take bravery, but as for me do I do anything brave or noble? I sometimes feel like nothing I do will compare to what great things Scott has done, but then I remember as we all should remember that it doesn't have to be a "BIG" act of kindness, but you do need to be kind. Hold the door for the elderly lady doing her best to make it through the door, Smile at the stranger in the car next to you, wave at your mailman (or lady, that's what we have a mail-lady). Small acts can have just as much impact at a large act, you never know what someone else is going through and you could possibly make their whole day!

     How can you show a small act of kindness today?  How will you spend the rest of this year? I plan to make the rest of the year memorable, I pray that the Lord continues to use Scott and I for his good, and I pray that others will see his light through us! I pray for all of you as well I pray you have a fantastic day and that the next half of the year is 10 times better than the first for us all! -"A"

No comments:

Post a Comment