Thursday, December 5, 2013

Faith and a bag?

*Warning this will be a long post, in typical Autumn fashion! :)*

Recently Thirty-One had what they call "believe and achieve incentives". The incentives ran for 7 weeks allowing consultants to earn a free gift each week they submitted a party, I was pretty bummed that I had missed out on earning some awesome free stuff, then out of nowhere they announced they were extending the incentive for 1 more week and that the 8thweek would be a random surprise gift from the previous 7 weeks,so basically a chance for me to at least earn one of the items I had missed out on.

My lovely and sweet friend Cigi Halsey submitted her catalog party in enough time for me to earn week 8! I was excited however, if you know me you know I HATE surprises and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what my item would be, once the item was shipped I was allowed to know what it was, and then I was really really excited to see I had earned a BRAND NEW item that hasn't even been released yet, this new item is slightly larger than the ever popular organizing utility tote and it has a zipper(the technical name is "The Perfect Organizing Utility Tote", well immediately I knew it would make a perfect diaper bag (yes something else for me to add to the overflowing closet of baby stuff).

I received it yesterday and of course I "tried it on" modeling it for Scott and totally in love with it! For these incentive products Thirty-One usually includes embroidery or a key chain with the item that says "just believe" and I commented to Scott about how fitting that was for this bag and my intentions for it...reluctantly I placed it back in the bag and laid it on the table so I could finish sorting orders for Cigi's party when I looked up and saw the back side of the key chain, the word FAITH

I then had tears in my eyes, to most this is probably the silliest post about a bag you have ever took the time to read, but to me it was just another sign from God to keep my FAITH!

 This time of year can be really difficult for those of us who are trying to build our families, Contrary to what most people believe I don't share about our journey for sympathy(you can only have sympathy for the situation if you've actually been through it your self), I don't do it as a way to have a pity party. I do it because its important to me and Scott it's important that people know what we go through, again not so you feel sorry for us but so that maybe you can gain some understanding as to why we do the things we do.

Every day takes courage for us to face, I have to make the decision every single day to smile, even when I don't feel like it, even when I'm taking my fertility medicine, even when I see someones post about being pregnant...I have to choose to smile...Why you might ask, well because I have faith. I have faith that all our praying and waiting and wondering and tears and screaming fits and unbelievable heartbreak will one day all be worth it.

When you've believed for something for as long as we have, the easy thing to do would be to give up, but that's also why we refuse to give up, we have waited too long to give up now! I go back and forth about if I should really talk about what we go through or not and the real truth is I don't care if anybody reads my post or not, I don't do it for other people I do it for us. I want to look back one day with my 6 year old and explain how much mommy and daddy wanted him or her, how hard they fought to get them, What an incredible blessings they are to us both and most importantly, I do it so that our child or children will one day see just exactly what happens when you have FAITH!

Here's a picture of this totally awesome bag and the key chain that made me cry, I truly love this bag and I can say with 100% certainty
it will be our diaper bag when our time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment